Sunday, January 10, 2010

Disney World

Every five years the National MPS Society holds their conference in Disney World, and 2009 was the year. We had talked with Austin before he left for Iraq about how much fun it would be to meet up there after he got back, and then he started dating Megan, who is a chef at Disney World, so it worked out perfectly! Mark was giving a talk during the conference, so he headed down a few days before me. I missed the conference because of school, but I still got the opportunity to catch up with some friends.  My visit was short, but very sweet. I had the chance to connect with many families that I haven't seen in awhile, visit with Austin and Megan, and soak up some semi warm Florida sunshine! Since Megan is a "castmember" of Disney, she got us tickets for free!  We spent a day in Hollywood Studios, and a short day in Animal Kingdom before we headed back home. Megan was a treasuer trove of inside knowledge about Disney and acted as our tour guide while we were there. 










No comments: