Sunday, December 13, 2009

The New I-64

We live just a couple of blocks from I-64, which St. Louisians call Hwy. 44 ( I still haven't figured that one out!). They have been redoing the interstate for two years now, and they've done it by completely closing down sections of the interstate for a year at a time. Our section closed down last January, and reopened on Dec. 7th. On December 6th, they opened it up to walkers on one side, and bike riders on the other. It was a very cold and blustery day, but we were determined to do the bike ride down the newly opened stretch of road. So...we bundled up in many layers of clothing and headed out! Here we are with our many layers....no fashion contest winners, for sure!
I REALLY need to go shopping for some fashionable outdoor attire!

Here's the view from the Big Bend Avenue bridge that is close to our house. There were few runners and walkers when we first started, but later on the crowd got a little braver.
They had a flag flying over the Hanley Road bridge....
It was a fun afternoon, and after I was all bundled up, the only thing that got really cold were my feet. Sneakers don't do a darned thing to block the wind!

No comments: