Saturday, January 16, 2010

I Finally Did It!

Moving in with Mark has had some difficult moments...most of them have been when I have entered the closet.  This is a house for a single man...no woman would have ever purchased this house due to the lack of closet space.  My out of season clothes live in a storage unit that is 50 miles from here, and my in season clothes are distributed into the master closet and a closet in the basement.  It is a struggle each and every time I enter the master closet.  I moved from a house with four bedrooms, and my clothes in at least three of the bedroom closets.  I downsized tremendously when I move up here, but still...it is a struggle!  Mark bought a huge oak armoire for all his clothes and gave me the entire closet, and from the day I moved in, he has been predicted that one day I would tear the clothes rod shelf off the wall.  Wednesday night it happened, ironically while I was trying to take clothes OUT for school the next day.   Mark was at a faculty dinner, so I sat and stewed about how mad he would be when he saw the damage.  In typical Mark fashion, it didn't surprise or upset him at all, his only comment was now we knew what we would be doing this weekend.  So....here's the lovely picture of the downed clothes shelf!  We decided to just remount this with additional supports, as well as put a shelf underneath it so there will now be twice the room to hang clothes.  151 more days till we should be in our new home (not that I'm counting or anything....)!!

No comments: