Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sunflowers

A friend of mine posted some incredible pictures of this sunflower field on Facebook. I immediately emailed her to find out where this place was! It happened to be on the way to the farm, so Mark and I drove out there today to see it in person. We estimated it is a field between 50-75 acres covered with sunflowers! It is absolutely gorgeous, and just makes you smile. I walked around for a long time and took pictures. I didn't want to leave! We will have to make this a regular stop on our way to the farm just to fill my eyes again each week until they are harvested.
On the surgery front, my left foot was operated on last Tuesday. Dr. Mackinnon stated that it was worst than the first, she had to do a lot more work on it, and it would probably take longer to heal and cause more pain. But....it all seems very similar to the first one, so I'm not complaining! It is more bruised and yucky looking, but really there has been very little pain. I limped around for two days, but Friday miraculously the limp was gone. I went and spent the afternoon with school friends at a private pool, and got a definite tan line from the bandages. I'm getting around slowly, but pretty well. The only issue I have is standing, which has always been very painful for me. At this point, the right foot is as good as it was before surgery, and things should continue to improve for 4-6 months post op. So....I should be much better when this is all over with! I am anxious to get back to the gym on a very slow basis, and may be able to do that this week.
Back to the sunflowers....

Here's a little wild sunflower that was growing across the street from it gigantic cousins!

No comments: