Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Back to School!


This is once again my home away from home. I decided to move my classroom last spring when one of our teachers retired. The room that she shared was larger, closer to my students' other classes, and actually has a WINDOW with afternoon sun right at my desk. Windows are rare at Sperreng! Now that it is over, I'm very happy I did it, but moving all my stuff while my feet were hurting made me question my decision more than once. I wish I could publish pictures of my students, but would never break that confidentiality. As I've read through IEPs the consistent picture is one of the hard working, try their best, helpful, polite, etc student. It is hard for me to believe, but it might be a very peaceful year for me! I have more girls than ever before, and only one or two emotionally disturbed students, so things will be different this year. So far, they have all been a joy and I'm excited. It continues to be long hours and never ending "to do" lists, but I love my job! I also bravely tackled telling my supervisor about our fall trip to the Galapagos and he handled it rather calmly. I haven't given him exact dates, or exactly how MANY days, but....hopefully I'll still have a job when I return!

No comments: