Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Birthdays!

This is the birthday week at our house...mine is the 17th, and Mark's is the 21st. I love my birthday, but the encroachment of school has gotten to be a real hinderance to celebrations. My birthday used to be before school started, then it got into the back to school rush, and now it is in the exhausted phase of the end of preplanning and the beginning of students attending. Yesterday we had a great dinner out at a Vietnamese restaurant, Pho Grand, and came home for an early bedtime. I think I have decided that from now on my birthday will be celebrated in July or September! As a matter of fact, since next year is the big 5-0, we will wait until the house is completed and have a big bash at the farm! Stay tuned for details!

Mark had an easy time determining that my birthday present needed to be the big telephoto lens that I have been craving for my camera, and we will head to the camera store sometime soon to pick one out. He is much more difficult to buy for, I'm still hoping for some divine intervention to tell me what to buy for him. I've got a few more days!

I finally got to meet my students today, which is always a fun day! It appears that I have a great group of hard working kids this year, and I'm very excited. Not a chair thrower in the crowd, so I'm not sure what I'll do for entertainment this year! I have a bigger caseload than ever before, and more girls than ever before, which should be interesting. Most of them appear to be more mildly affected students who want to learn, making my job a lot easier. Just having a second year at the same school makes life much simpler!

No comments: