Friday, October 31, 2008

The Last MPS Board Meeting

Last weekend was my last official meeting with the Board of Directors for the National MPS Society. It was held in North Carolina where the office is now located. I was glad that I was able to go, although flight delays made me miss the committee meetings on the first night. The good news was that Austin was able to drive to Raleigh and be there to spend time with me and my wonderful friends. I was awarded with a beautiful blown glass egg and plaque, which fortunately made it back to STL unscathed. I will definitely continue my volunteer efforts and involvement, but the conflict of interest with Mark's position made it time for me to free my position to someone new. I'm thrilled with our replacement crew and know that things will be in good hands in the future. Here's our official Board picture for 2008. Unfortunately, Steve Frye, Luis Guajardo, and Sissi were unable to join us for this meeting, so they aren't included in the photo.




Austin and I just hung around after breakfast on Sunday, enjoying the wonderful sunny weather, and trying to figure out how to use the self timer on my camera. We were finally successful!


No comments: