Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!

We are having a wonderful Christmas season here. Its been cold (colder than I need!) , which does make it easier to get in the Christmas mood. I've been successful in my shopping, which always makes me happy to have good gifts for family and friends. I did have a major funk for several days when Austin emailed that his feet were actually on Iraqi soil, but I'm doing my best to deal with it. I typically spend Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year's with the Langford clan, and I have realized that out of our five children, three are gone. Austin is only temporarily displaced and I'm thankful for that, but I carry Joe and Maggie in my heart every minute of every day. Sissi and Frank are coping with the season and continuing to show me their incredible strength.

Mark and I are heading to friends tonight, then to the farm tomorrow. After sharing the day with his family, we will drive down to Arkansas and spend several days with Sara, Ryan and Ryan's parents in a cabin that we've rented. I'm so looking forward to having that time with them!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and is spending time with the ones who matter most. Love to all!

No comments: