Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas!

Christmas was a beautiful day here in STL. We haven't had much sunshine lately, so it was wonderful to have a day to enjoy the sunshine! Mark got me a fabulous digital SLR camera with more bells and whistles than I can possibly ever figure out. I had planned to buy a nicer digital camera before we take our trip to the Galapagos Islands next year, but he made a very good point that I need to know how to properly use the camera before the trip! I've already signed up for classes, but in the meantime I'm just having fun playing with it.

While it was sunny on Christmas, there has been enough cold weather that the lake was completely frozen over. I'm totally fascinated by the frozen ice, since I've not ever been around very much of it! Here's Mark on the ice, cautioning Riley to never walk on the ice while by yourself.

Here's the frozen lake with a tree branch sticking out of it.

Here's a shot of the juniper berries that are so pretty at this time of year.




No comments: