Monday, August 22, 2011

Birthday Quilt

I seem to have lost all form of order lately, but at least I'm getting things posted, which is better than I have done in the past!

First things first...I love quilts.  I have several that came from grandmothers on both sides of my family, and two are displayed on the cat walk in our home.  I love the old worn down quilts, and the brand new quilts and I am completely in awe of the talent and work involved in creating an intricate quilt.  I made a very simple one for the MPS Society years ago and learned just how exacting quilt work has to be.  If I were independently wealthy, I might try to learn the craft, but I am pretty sure my orientation for lack of detail would keep me from being a very good quilt maker!

Before I moved up here Mark purchased a quilt from a lady who lives nearby in the town of Rosebud.  This quilt was a combination of burgundy and dark green, which are a combination that Mark loves. Unfortunately, I don't like burgundy very much at all.  The only red I really like is Georgia Bulldog red, otherwise, I prefer no red at all!  So we put this quilt downstairs in the guest room, and talked about one day buying another one for the master bedroom, probably in a sage green color that we both like.  Mark decided to surprise me with a PURPLE quilt for the master bedroom!  Please understand that Mark doesn't really care for purple, which happens to be my favorite color, so this was a HUGE gift for me. This quilt is gorgeous!  It was made by the same lady that created the green and burgundy quilt, and both are completely hand stitched.  The purple one has some pretty intricate stitching on it that is amazing.   I am so proud of my new quilt!


No comments: