Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Cards Game

Although I'm not a big baseball fan, going to a game is fun on occasion. Mark and I had talked about going to a game this summer, but with my surgeries looming, the timing was pretty critical. We finally decided that the night before the first surgery was a good game to go to, and as it happened, his secretary (Thanks, Gretchen!!) got a great deal on box seats for that same night. How lucky can we get? Actually, it would have been nice if the luck had increased to include a win for the Cards that night, instead of a humiliating defeat, but it was still a fun night! Here's a picture of the Arch from the stadium....I continue to be amazed everytime I look at this engineering marvel, even after all these years. I love this symbol of St. Louis!Here's the scoreboard...Budweiser is definitely the "brand" of St. Louis, but notice the smaller sign from my hometown...Coke!
Team on the field...the Cards lost 10-0 that night. We were definitely NOT good luck charms!Hanging out in our seats. We had full access to the box with unlimited food and drink....so much fun!

No comments: