Friday, April 24, 2009

And I thought Atlanta weather was strange!

Wow...we went from highs in the 60s, to a high of 90 today! Next week it is supposed to be back in the 60s again! I broke down and turned on the air conditioner today after listening to poor Gus panting all night long last night. I don't think he likes the drastic temperature change either. I suppose I will probably need to turn the heat back on next week!

Mark is in Frankfurt, Germany right now. He is scheduled to fly home on Sunday, but was going to try and get a flight home tomorrow. I think the Germans were trying to be nice and give him a day of sightseeing, but....he wants to be home, and I'd rather that he was home as well.

Austin was on Facebook this evening and we were able to chat for awhile. He was on the scene at one of the suicide bombings that happened yesterday. It has been relatively peaceful since he went to Iraq, but the announcements of the suicide bombings yesterday in downtown Baghdad, where he is currently located, gave me a scare. He worked the scene, then went to the Emergency Room to assist. I think it was a pretty hairy experience for him, to be sure. He can't get back home soon enough!

No comments: