Saturday, March 19, 2011

Orchid Show


OK, so I gave in and bought more photo space on Google.  Apparently it is my blog that is eating up all the space, so I either had to quit blogging or buy space.  Admittedly, I'm not a good blogger, but I'm not ready to quit yet!  School seems to take all that I have these days, and I am counting down the days till summer.  I hate, hate, HATE the fact that there is no spring break in this school, I feel like I'm serving a detention while all my friends are off playing for spring break!

I have learned to wait excitedly for the Orchid Show at the Missouri Botanical Gardens.  It is such a breath of fresh air in the middle of the dreary winter.  We were able to go a few weeks ago, and while we both agreed that it wasn't as wonderful as last year, it was still VERY wonderful!


 
 


 





 After we had spent hours with the orchids we walked around other areas of the gardens.  I found the first sign of spring that I see around here, when the crocuses start popping up and giving us their show.  The are so wonderful, oftentimes there is still snow on the ground when I see them.  I have a goal of scattering them throughout the field in front of the house and just allowing them to naturalize.

No comments: