Wednesday, December 29, 2010

White Christmas

We had a white Christmas in Missouri this year!   The snow started falling on Christmas eve, and pretty much flurried through most of Christmas day.  It was gorgeous, this was the first real snow that has happened since we moved here. My guess is that we got about 4-6 inches, but Mark would tell you it was less than that (since it is my blog, my measurement is the one that counts!). I've been out here in the snow before, but typically a day or so after it has fallen, not while it is totally pristine and white.  I had a blast taking pictures, but will spare the majority of them from this page.  This picture was one I took a few days before Christmas eve, with a little bit of the previous snowfall still on the ground.  I was trying to get the PERFECT picture of the house with the Christmas tree, but found it to be much harder than anticipated.  I spent several hours out in 10 degree weather on different nights trying to capture it (Thank God for my down coat!). This one is my favorite, with the full moon rising in the background.  Look for it on next year's Christmas card!
Lots and lots of snow....these pictures are taken from close to the house, looking out on our view.





This is the view from our window upstairs.
Icicles on the garage roof...
This is our brush/construction trash pile...more on this later.

Ice cracking on the pond.
Alder cones on a tree on the pond edge.
Looking through the alder at the pond.
The driveway coming towards the house.
I can't wait till we have a really BIG snowfall!

No comments: