Saturday, November 27, 2010

Hodge Podge

I've been pretty remiss in posting lately. It seems that all I do is work these days, and never have I worked so hard for so little and had so many parents unhappy with me!  I am already counting the days until summer, which is not a good sign!  In the meantime, I have taken a few photos.  We have deer that show up at sunset, which is a difficult time to catch them with the camera.  This is probably the best deer picture I've taken lately.  We have a couple of bucks, as well as at least one doe with two fawns, who are almost as big as she is now.  They no longer have spots, but continue to hang around with her.  They are very skittish, and if they hear anything at the house they take off towards the woods.  I continue to keep trying to catch them though!
 
This is a picture of the fall colors from the porch.  Missouri just doesn't give the show that Georgia does, but we hope to plant some trees that provide more fall color.  It is still beautiful here!
This is Elmer, who I think I've posted about before.  Mark bought two tree faces years ago, and this one is close to the pond, not far from the house.  The other one he put on a tree somewhere, and we still haven't found it yet!  One day we will stumble across Elmer's long lost brother, but for now we continue our search.
And the sunsets.....I think this is my new addiction in life!   I really dreaded the change in time which means that I often get home after the sun has already given off her show.  If I am home, I keep one eye towards the horizon waiting for the perfect moment...and then shoot to my heart's content!

This photo followed an hour of standing outside in the cold waiting for the sun to set and the light to stop reflecting off the windows.  I never quite got it as dark as I would have liked, but it was interesting watching the change in lighting through the sunset, and watching the moon rise as well.

No comments: