Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Atlanta!

I flew to Atlanta this past weekend for a visit. It was Sara's birthday, as well as a baby shower for her being held by her best friend, Kellie. The shower was awesome, these girls did a great job of throwing a baby shower! They are all bona fide grownups now, and I am proud of all of them. Here are Terri, Rayne, Kellie, Morgan and Sara. They have been together since middle school and I am sure they have many years of friendship left.

One of the shower games was a guessing game to measure the size of Sara's growing belly. I measured over ten inches bigger than she actually was, and I'm lucky she didn't throw something at me! Morgan was the closest, but she has been most recently pregnant, so she had an advantage!


Kellie used baby pictures of Sara and Ryan to decorate the mantel. They were both very cute little ones!



Here's a picture of the loot....her friends and family were very generous, and Baby Emery will be well equpped when she arrives!


Here's the pretty mom!

After the shower we went to Ninja Hibachi Steak House, a family favorite. It was also a celebration of Sara's sister in law, Stephanie's birthday, so we filled up an entire table.


After dinner, we went back to Donny and Nancy's for birthday cake and opening birthday gifts. The most memorable gift was undoubtedly Donny's "Baby Whisperer" megaphone for Emery. Donnny is working hard to be the favorite grandparent!

As usual, I spent time taking pictures of the current grandchild, Hailey. Here she is looking at her mom with adoring eyes.
We all said there was NO way Ryan would get all the gifts into their car in one trip. Ryan loves a challenge, so of course, he accomplished the feat! However, he had close contact with Hailey for the trip home! She was quite happy to have her position of honor on the front seat.

I had a great time visiting with Donny and Nancy, they are wonderful hosts!

On Sunday night I went and visited my friend, Marla. Several of our friends went out to dinner that evening, then returned to her house for the Superbowl, with lots of football snacks. I felt a little guilty since I watched the game on her huge 56" TV, while Mark was at home watching on a much smaller set ( a new one is on our list!). I had wanted the Cardinals to win, but it was a good game overall. Marla gave me a predawn ride to MARTA to catch the plane home, and it was back to the grind today. This evening Airtran sent out a fare sale email, so I'm already planning my next visit! While visiting was great, I realized STL has already become home. As much as I miss my friends and family, I'm where I'm supposed to be.

No comments: