Sunday, January 25, 2009

Update

I have been buried in IEP hell....I inherited a case load where 1/3 of the IEPs came due in February, and of course I didn't do a thing about it back in December, so....It has been busy! One more IEP tomorrow morning (I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a snow day!), then only three more for the entire year. The IEP software here is more tedious than the GA program, but it also has more checks and balances against mistakes, so once I get more familiar with it, I think I'll like it.


I spent some time playing with my camera and Mark's fish tank the other day and finally got some decent fish pictures. Mark has a very large tank with koi that are very entertaining to watch. When I moved in he had recently lost two fish, so he had bought two more to replace them. One was all white, and when I asked him what he had named them , he said, "Well, that one is Whitie, of course....and so the other one must be Toby." So...here's Whitie and Toby fish....



And here's a group of some of the rest of them. They aren't very cooperative about all lining up into one really good photo shot, but I will keep trying! Left to right are Darth Maul, Smudge, Frick and Creamsicle. I don't get to take credit for naming them!


I've had two photography classes, and now have at least an inkling of what most of the buttons on my camera do, but there is still a lot to learn and play with! I told Mark that now I need a new computer because this one will fill up quickly with all these really big picture files, and it is slow to work with the files because they are so large. Unfortunately, he didn't bite, so I guess I'm stuck with my dependable laptop for awhile longer. BTW, I learned in photography class that you are never supposed to use a Sharpie on burned CDs...the solvents in the Sharpie actually dissolve the data layer on the disc! Who knew!!??!

1 comment:

Sara Glenn said...

You should post some pictures of the snow!! Some of us haven't seen it this winter.