Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Greenville

World traveler that I have become, I flew for another weekend in the Carolinas (three out of the last four for those who are counting). This weekend had been planned to see Austin one last time before his deployment. Sara, Ryan and I had planned to drive to Fort Bragg for a visit and celebrate his birthday prior to his supposed deployment this week. In Charleston, we were able to bribe Austin to join us in Greenville, which was much easier on me (it's all about the MOM). I was so happy to see my Hailey dog!




Toby, Whitie and Austin joined us on Friday night, and we had a successful round of Yahtzee. (successful for Ryan!).


Saturday morning Ryan's parents, Donny and Nancy joined us. We headed to downtown Greenville, where they have a great park on the Reedy River. We also managed to get in some Christmas shopping downtown, and ended the day with a great dinner at Bonefish Grill. Unfortunately, there's not one of those in STL, so I'm glad I got to the one in Greenville.
We enjoyed posing for pictures thoughout the park... Ryan, Whitie, Toby, Sara, me, Donny and Austin on some rocky stairs. Nancy was our appointed photographer for this pic.

Very cool beech tree growing on the side of a rock. Whitie joined the roots for perspective.



We grabbed a passing pedestrian to take this picture. Everyone was having a good time!



Nancy, Sara, Ryan and Donny on the suspension bridge.


No comments: